Monday, May 21, 2012

Sugar and Spice...

...and everything nice! WE'RE HAVING A GIRL! 



I really am trying to keep my ''I'M AWESOME CAUSE I'M PREGNANT'' posts to a minimum but I couldn't resist this one. Especially since we actually have news so there you go. We are so excited! I am sure some of you are remembering when I mentioned that John wanted a boy and I wanted a girl...let me first just say (ahem) point for Sarah...and secondly, it did take John a fraction of a second to mourn that it wasn't a boy but he is way excited now too and keeps asking me ''How are my girls today?"which is cute in the 'no-one-else-but-me-thinks-so' kind of way. 

Now, for those of you that know John, you know that he is the type of person that walks into a room and immediately has a million friends and people laughing and having a good time. So, at the doctors office the nurses are putty in his hands. It was like a production unveiling what we are having after we came out of the ultrasound room. To which was followed by a million squeals and giggles and congratulations. It's like people roll out the red carpet for him! I'm just pull the awkward smile and nod behind him as they bat their eyelashes at him and look at me like ''You don't know how lucky you are." Which, I'm sure I don't. This tactic works on waitresses just fabulously as well. I swear to you John's drink is never empty and we usually end up getting some kind of discount or free dipping sauce. Once we were lucky enough to get a SMILEY face on the receipt. Inappropriate you say? Nah. It's my husband and it works on guys as well as girls. (DON'T you dare take that the wrong way.) People just LIKE him. What can I say? When it brings us perks I can't really complain. Anyway...tangent sorry. 

We went to my sister's dance recital on Saturday and during the 2 hour poor John leans over to me and whispers, "This is going to be the story of my life for the next 18 years isn't it" Yes my dear. It is. HOORAY FOR LITTLE GIRLS!

4 comments:

sanda said...

congrats! That's so exciting. Now you get to buy all the cute dresses, bows and everything in between.

candice and tom said...

i am so excited for you! you guys will have so much fun with a little girl! that is so awesome!

Kelsey said...

Congrats!! Little girls are so much fun! My favorite is seeing dad's with their little girls, so cute!

Ty and Meg said...

Yay! Baby girls are the best. THE BEST! So happy for you.