Friday, May 18, 2012

Snow Cones and Short Shorts



Why is it that snow cone huts are continually surrounded by 15-19 year olds with perfect bodies, tan skin and short shorts? 

And WHY oh WHY have I been burdened with craving snow cones durning this blissful pregnancy? I think that surrounding myself with tan little nymphs is probably NOT the best thing for this moody, pregnant, hormonal state I'm in. *sigh*

NEVERTHELESS....

I begged John into going with me last night but, ''Sarah! There was a game on!'' so, my cute Father-in-law offered to come with me. We got there and found ourselves behind a large line of the tan breed. This included a batch of tan boys who had rather large egos. The snow cone chick handed out a snow cone to my Father-in-law after about 10 min of waiting and told him she was sorry for the wait and thanks for coming. At about this time he had taken a large lick/suck off the top of his blended snow cone. (Not with a spoon mind you, with his lips and tongue) Not more than 10 seconds later, she and he realized that, in fact, that was NOT his snow cone but one of the kids in front of us. 

Panic ensued and my Father-in-Law had the greatest idea. He got out a spoon, scooped out the top where he had licked and told the girl... 

''Hurry! Just tuck back in there, pretend you're still making it and then call out the flavor again real loud. Don't make a new one''

She being 16, tan and booty-licious herself giggled then did exactly as she was told. (wow.) The guy who's snow cone it ACTUALLY was, was one of these egotistical hormones raging type. He walked up like some hot shot, grabbed his snow cone and went back to flirting. 

At about this point my Father-in-law and I got the giggles, grabbed our snow cones and headed back to the car. We laughed our butts off the WHOLE way home. Just picture that snotty high school kid going to town on his snow cone that had been previously licked by a 60 year old man with great hair. 

JUSTICE I TELL YOU! Pure justice. Who cares if I'm fat and white, you just ate someone else's saliva!


3 comments:

Kat said...

You are too funny! I can always count on your blog to make me laugh. I'm glad pregnancy is treating you well, and I can't wait to hear about the next adventure! Miss you guys!

Chris and Emily Evans said...

Chris and I got a good laugh at that one. Call me up. Snow Cones are my absolute favorite thing! You smack John for not taking you.

Hannah and Kinzer said...

Can I just say this made me so so sooooo happy. I could totally see the whole thing. Uncle Gord. Bless his heart. Bless the snotty high school kid's heart too. So good. I love it. Let's go on a snow cone date together while I'm here!