Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kitchen Kitchen Where Have You Been?

In celebration of our new kitchen finally being functional I made dinner last night. (Note: functional does not mean completely put together looking awesome. Functional means we plugged in the microwave and oven and cleared off an inch of counter space.) And since I was pretty proud of myself, I took pictures to prove it. While John chuckled of course. 


BBQ Chicken Salad Extraordinare!


I do this thing where I buy rotisserie chickens and pick the chicken off and shred it. I don't love boiling chicken and trying to dispose of the greasy water so this works fabulous for me. Plus, for around $7, it provides two meals worth of shredded chicken!









John was so proud. I took some to work the next day for lunch and got made fun of for putting BBQ sauce on a salad. Who hasn't had a BBQ chicken salad?!?! Weirdo.

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Yum! I wanna come see your cute house! I've totally bought rotisserie chickens when I haven't wanted to cook any too. When I have time though I like to cook chicken in the crockpot with chicken broth. You avoid the gross mess and it ends up so yummy and tender! I wanna see a belly picture!

chelsey kimberly said...

Sarah! I just found your blog via giauques and had to say hi. Its been so long. Congrats on your new house and expecting :) So exciting! Good luck with getting settled with moving in and hope you have a great pregnancy. Glad you guys are doing well!!

Chris and Emily Evans said...

Ummm....whoever hasn't had a BBQ chicken salad is missing out! It is delicious!

Sarah Hanks said...

Emo - I know right?! I was officially offended. ha

Chelsey - Hey! I'm so glad you said hi! How is life for you? Aren't you expecting as well? Or have you already had your baby?

candice and tom said...

i love it i actually was going to make this salad for dinner this week. i love bbq sauce on a salad so delicious. i want to come see your house. lets get together soon.

Sarah Hanks said...

Candice - Yes please! We are due. Even though I can't eat complete sushi...lets still go get a veggie tempura roll or something.