Thursday, April 28, 2011

H is for ''HANDSOME''

Recent conversation between me and a MARRIED friend of mine:

Me: So did you meet with him? (Talking about a business transaction...)

Her: Yah. He seems pretty cool. He was a little vague though. Good thing I can't fit his project in till June cause he's got to get his sh*t together first.

Me: Ha! Good luck. That's totally his style. I've known him since elementary. Don't you think he's handsome? (WTF SARAH??!!! Where this comment came from, I'll never know.)

Her: Umm...(insert awkward chuckle and shifty uncomfortable eyes here) yah i guess. I don't know. I wasn't really paying attention to that. 

Me: Ha ha (trying to pull it together here and grab my foot OUT of my MOUTH) yah true. I've just always thought he was good looking. He's cool. When we were little I used to tease him about looking like a bull dog. Ha ha (awkward laughboth of us blushing at this point) I don't know....(fade out to silence.) AWKWARD PAUSE HERE.

Her: Anyway...I think it should be fun. So where do you guys want to go to lunch?

NICE CHANGE OF SUBJECT. Wow. I struggle. Don't all these stories make you glad you are friends with me?? I'm sure. Bless my heart.

1 comment:

e.m. said...

I feel like I could leave the same comment on every post...."yup, awkward." You're kind of the master of all embarrassment. But only because you admit it oh so well.