Monday, April 25, 2011

E is for "EXCUSES"

I'm usually good at excuses but for friday, I have none. I'm sorry I missed it! I'll do two today to make up for it K? 

E is also for elbows. 

You know how I posted that John and I are very different? While that statement is still very true, one thing we DO have in common is our sense of humor. A few weeks ago we came up with something that we think is hilarious. We were coming home from church and I happened to have said mentioned heels on which are disgustingly high (John's super tall so I can wear awesome stilettos. One of many perks of a tall husband.)  Anyway...in order to make sure I didn't fall/slip on my face John was helping by holding my elbow. Now, because of John's long legs, he tends to walk a lot faster than me and this sudden gap of distance led to him hold my upper arm instead of my elbow. We noticed that people were sort of looking at us funny and then John started to laugh. He was laughing even harder when he helped me into the car. After probing him about "What was so funny" he told me that it looked like he was dragging me along like a small naughty child. (Can you picture it? John holding my upper arm walking a step or two ahead of me, my elbow poking out funny...you know how moms grab their kids when they are mad at them? Insert the phrase "now you listen here..." and that should help picture it.) We thought this was SO FUNNY. Once we stopped laughing we decided that we should do this often to be funny. So if you see a couple with a husband draggggging his wife along in the parking lot it's probably us. And don't worry, we realize this is a sick a twisted way to have a laugh but...what the hey...the joke's on YOU.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

That is too funny. I can totally picture it. Loving your alphabet!

Sarah Hanks said...

Thanks Britt! Feels good that you read this! You're my little consistent follower. Love you!