Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I am so graceful! For reals.

Preeetttyyy sure I fell ON MY FACE at work a few days ago. In the kitchen. I was wearing my new 6" heels (yeah. six inches baby! Just call me a Victoria's Secret model. Apparently they elongate my legs and make my calves look screamin. Who knows. All I know is that they boost myself esteem like 6 points. EXCEPT FOR THIS STORY...) anyway so here I am heading home from work with my friends from the office and I was all "oh, I have to run in the kitchen and put away my carrots (I've started taking carrots and dip to work since for some reason everyday I get a case of the 3 pm - 4 pm munchies. munch munch munch...yaom yaom yaom) so I hurry into the kitchen and gracefully stumble....once....twice...three times. Each time that "graceful stumble" gets a little more intense. You know how it goes. It's like— crap! I'm falling! oh wait. caught myself. Crap! falling again. oh good. I'm safe. Did anyone see that? CRAP! Whew close callll....BAM. I'm on my face. Bag of carrots flings and smacks against the wall. Coworkers start laughing but feel bad so in the middle of a giggle try to ask if I'm ok. I'm just fine but remember those 6 points of high-heel induced self esteem? Yeah. Out. The. Window. I'm soooo cute! Remind me again how I go in public with myself?

3 comments:

McCormick Family said...

My husband wonders why I don't wear heels and this is why! I am so scared of this happening! I love the idea of taking carrots to work because I always need something to munch on and that is perfect! I miss you girl, I love looking at your blog!

Brittney said...

That's hilarious. I'm pretty ungraceful at wearing heals myself, which is probably why I never do. But especially with a tall husband we need to take advantage of that right? Maybe we can take heel walking lessons or something ...

lolabarri said...

I promise I didn't laugh my butt off (again) while reading this.

Okay I'm a bad liar.

I am sure you will get to witness me taking a tumble once or twice. And you can laugh when it happens. I will expect it.

xoxo
Ash
The Powder Room