Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sushi is so trendy.

Or at least that's what people say that DON'T LIKE sushi and feel jealous that they aren't part of the trend. Well guess what folks? I LOVE it. So I'm totally trendy. Officially. In fact, if you've been to more than 5 different sushi restaurants then you can join my club. Well, since my Oh So Handsome Husband has vetoed the "ocean creatures are food" world I have to get my sushi kicks with others. Last night happened to be one of those awesome times. Hooked up with a bunch of old classmates and couldn't have had more fun. Best part was? It was at a BAR. In UTAH. So I felt even more hip and with it. (Even though I only ordered water and the waitress was annoyed. She's fine. Sorry I don't drink. So sue me.) Yum!

PS. Yeah, I know I need to update what I've BEEN up to so that'll happen eventually. Soon I'll have a smathering of pictures of "what the Hanks' have been up to the last 9 months" cause trust me, it's a lot. and it's interesting. Is smathering even a word? Also, do you know how hard it is for me that I have a new last name that ends in 's'? Try saying Hankses. it gets annoying fast. Sigh.








In case you were wondering what John was doing at home while I was enjoying raw fish, here it is.



Wasting his life away playing PS3 which I broke down and let him purchase BEFORE christmas. Much to my mother's chagrin. What was I supposed to do when he begged for 3 days???

So if you know what to get him for Christmas please holla at me. oh, and it better be cheap. :)

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Totally love sushi too! I haven't had any down here yet, but I'm hoping to find a good place soon. Luckily Justin likes it too. Man, I bet John is pretty excited about the PS3 ...

e.m. said...

double eww. sushi - gag, it's just some trendy fad. i'll just keep my fingers you'll get over it.

ok, so i know you won't. whatever. BUT i'm glad you had such a great time. isn't being with people who went through years of hellish school with you fantastic?

yes, i agree. it is.

Kat said...

hahah you're so funny! You need to post more! I love sushi too. If I still lived in Salt Lake we could have sushi dates together while our husbands played their games at home (because my Jon totally does that too.)

Chris and Emily Evans said...

Whatever...I love certain sushi. You should go to Mikado's. They have half off rolls on Monday's and Tuesday's. The salmon crunch is the best. Anyway, my new last name also ends in S. We are both screwed on that one. I don't think I will ever get used to it. I also have a husband that is so hard to shop for. We can brainstorm together.