Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Read if you're bored. If not, don't. Cause it's lame.


I'm a fairly OCD online banker. This means I check it at least twice a week to make sure everything is ok. Ok meaning no bounced checks or overdrafts going on. (Cause I'm really rich.) 

Well, sad to say I've been neglecting this duty and the other day I got online to make sure I had enough in my checking to write a check for our first RENT payment (woot woot! yeah, we're growing up!) oh and which, might I add, is incredibly low because we found a frickn' sweet place! But, needless to say I still needed to check and make sure all was A-OK on the bank-account-front. 

To my horror I saw there was $0.00 as the 'running balance'. Yep, you read right, $0.00. WHAT? at about this point I freaked out and called the bank. For some reason I never just relax and try to figure out what's wrong myself...I always call. That's what those annoying customer service reps are there for right? I guess somehow it makes my day to hear the annoyance in their voice when my problem is usually lame.

Well, here's something else about me. Because I'm so OCD and into the online thing, I've got automatic transfers set up. I hate to have more than necessary in my checking and so usually when my paycheck direct deposits in, I have most of it transfered into savings. Welllllll (long dumb story, I know. Sorry.) Turns out I updated those transfers wrong and ended up transferring ALL of my checking into savings. Which caused me a heart attack and a $15.00 overdraft charge...oh and an annoyed customer service rep. Bummer. So much for being all with it and organized! This has only increased my OCD levels...which I didn't need. 

1 comment:

e.m. said...

again, spaz. i love it.