Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Odd or Even.

I'm pretty certain this conversation happened in the car the other day between John and I:

(Head's up, no judging allowed!)


Driving down State Street trying to find a paint store...

John: Try to catch a number on one of those buildings.

Me: We're still like 3 blocks away. We're fine.

John: I know but catch a number for me will ya?

Me: Why?

John: Because! Then I know what side of the street the store is located!

Me: (Confused/pondering face) Whhhatt?? You can tell which side of the street the store is on just by looking at a number 3 blocks away???

John: (Looking at me incredulously like i'm some kind of scientific experiment that he happened to be lucky enough to marry)   Are you serious?   (Now a laugh bubbles up and out and explodes as he throws his head back)   Sarah!! How long have you lived in Utah? Odd number addresses are on one side and even's are on the other! So if you snag a number for me then I know what side of the street the store is located! 

At about this point he adds in his famous ''I love you'' Which translates into: ''Bless your dumb little heart. You make me laugh alllllll the time.''

Instead of being ticked this just made me get a big smile and realize how much easier my future address-finding is going to be! Hooray. Here's to Utah city planning!



2 comments:

Justin said...

Hahaha! The visual of Johns incredulousness and laughter made me laugh out loud in bed in the middle of the night. Good one!

Sarah Hanks said...

Hahaha This comment made my day! I'm SO GLAD I made you laugh. I consider that a great accomplishment actually since it's usually you who makes ME laugh...