Thursday, May 3, 2012

My New Favorite Thing.

I think that my new favorite thing about being pregnant is when people at work comment on my eating choices. Take yesterday for example. I happened to be making some Ramen Noodles in the break room and a coworker came in and POINTED at my bowl. 

Pointed. 

And stared. 

And gave me that ''seriously you're eating that'' face and then said ''That's about the worst thing you could eat for your baby.'' What's a person supposed to respond to that comment? 

A. I don't work super close with you so why are you pointing fingers at me?
B. I just moved into a house and my kitchen currently looks like this: 

 

C. I BROUGHT SOME STRAWBERRIES TO GO WITH IT OK?
D. Being pregnant is HHARRRRRD <---- Insert whine here 

Please don't fault me if on my way out the door I thought, "Oh i'll just grab these ramen noodles for lunch instead of going to Wendy's for the umpteenth time while we've been kitchen-less the past 3 months."


So guess what? THIS IS WHAT I HAD FOR BREAKFAST THIS MORNING. SO THERE. I feel good about it. Baby feels good about it. WE'RE ALL HAPPY. Sodium and Sugar. My two favorite things.