Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's Been Awhile...

Hellloooooo world! I have sat here for 30 min trying to decide what to write and how to ''re-enter'' the blog world with this one post. Frankly, I don't think there's anything TO say other than...yeah...it's been awhile. Any forced explanation is awkward because in all honesty there isn't an explanation. One day I just stopped blogging. And now one day I'm just starting again. So, without further ado...here are a bunch of photos that explain what we've been up to lately!




BIG THING #1: We purchased our first home! As exciting as this sounds, the excitement quickly wore off when we realized that our ''tearing-out-the-atrocious-tile'' job became ''lets-gut-the-whole main-floor'' job. Go ahead and ask John how many times he has A.) wanted to divorce me B.) Wanted to become Harry Potter and Apparate to a different country or C.) has threatened that ''If I add ONNNEEE MORE project he's just gonna loose it!'' I think you're answer should be D.) ALL OF THE ABOVE. Anyway, here are some pictures of our house's transformation







 The Hideous Tile Mentioned Above. (How could you NOT tear this out right? Did I mention it was in all the bathrooms, the mudroom, the laundry room, the entire kitchen AND entry way!?) Barf.

 Here is a before shot of the kitchen with the previous owner's stuff still there

 The basement. Just imagine John's ping pong table here because supposedly it'll be his man cave.

Moving Day!



Day 1 of demolition. Lucky for me I have a burly group of men at my fingertips!







This scary picture is what became of the tile when we tried tearing it out. It took a LOT of man power plus some jack hammers to get this disgusting stuff out. I may or may not have had a few overwhelmed breakdowns because of this mess. 






The tile ended up staining the walls orange in places so I talked John into painting the entire main floor white. John has learned so many new talents along this house journey! 






I'm a sucker for White-on-White kitchens so John agreed to paint the cabinets white.


Our new beautiful tile that makes me happy inside. It was soooo worth it!

Our beautiful new flooring. This is in the kitchen and entry way and then the tile is in the mudroom, laundry room and bathrooms.

New countertops! Love the color. It was a discounted slab of granite and a bit of a gamble but I couldn't be happier with how it looks. (phew!)


And there you have it. That's where we are at this point. Stay tuned for when we move in and I'll post pictures of everything fully completed!



BIG THING#2: We are having a baby! We found this out during the middle of this whole house process. What a little ray of sunshine during this mess! I am super excited and super freaked out at the same time. Anyone that has any advice for Pre-mom Jitters be my guest in sharing! I'm 13 weeks along and counting down the minutes till we find out what we're having. John wants a boy and I want a Girl. - GO FIGURE. :) 

4 comments:

Justin said...

Welcome back. Looks awesome. John is turning into such a manly man! Babies are neat.

Kat said...

Welcome back, and OMIGOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So excited for you!

Chris and Emily Evans said...

I can only imagine that Chris and I will be the same way when we get a house. My parents will probably be too old and wiped out to help us out even though they are experts on re-modeling things. I am so excited for you guys! We HAVE to get together! I think you will have a girl. Just sayin'.

Kelsey said...

Welcome back and CONGRATS on both the baby and the house, both are so fun and exciting. Your house looks gorgeous, I love white kitchens. And just enjoy the pregnancy stuff. It's so fun once you start feeling the baby move and find out what you're having! I'm so excited for you guys!