Monday, April 4, 2011

I promise I know what I'm talking about!

It has come to my attention that I am officially out of the interesting social world. Actually it was more like a slap in the face this weekend. See, I have this awesome 16 year old brother who is super cute and beginning to experience his "moments" in life. (ie: first kiss etc...) Since I am his older, wiser, more experienced older sister he tends to come tell John and I about all his high-school-y adventures. (Can I tell you how much I love living vicariously through him???) Well, I realized that as he tells me about his cool life (cause he's cool right now...believe me) I start to say things like "oh my gosh! I KNOWWWW! This one time....me and so and so....I'm so awesome cause I was in high school once...me me me....I I I...insert weird dating advice here...next brag about how many "guys wanted me" and how I was TOTALLY part of the ''it crowd''....blah blah blah...Look over and realize that not only are his eyes glazed over, he's just sort of nodding and waiting for his chance to actually finish his story. Grrreeatt. As much as I care about how awesome I once was, he could care less. All he really wants to know is if this chick likes him or not. Smooth Sarah, smooth. 


Confession #2. It actually took me doing the SAME THING to one of our good friends who is super attractive, single and pretty much the most eligible bachelor around, to realize this horrible problem. He stopped by being the good friend that he is to say hi to the boring married couple. Of course he had dating stories to tell us and suddenly I noticed I was monopolizing the conversation with my "very experienced knowledge and assesment." 


SARAH! YOU'RE MARRIED AND BORING. That's the thing. You've been out of high school for quite some time and I'm pretty sure you're not the only one that knows everything about everything.* bleh. Sorry folks. Guess I'm having a mid-twenties life crisis. 






*suuuper hard to admit.


ps. sitting at work munching...yaom yaom yaom....

No comments: