Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Trypanophobia.

Think you can guess what that is? FEAR OF NEEDLES. I have it biiiiiigggg time. Bleh. They freak me out what can I say? 

So the other week I wasn't feeling so hot so I went to the good old insta-care. Turns out I had strep and was prescribed Amoxicillin. Welllll APPARENTLY I'm allergic to amoxicillin because about 6 days later I broke out in crazy, gross, VISCOUS hives. All over my body. Like, gross style. So gross in fact that I'm not even going to post the pictures cause you might vomit. Lets just say that everyone I've showed them too reacts like "OH. MY. GOSH. Sarah!!" to which I respond, "I know right?" But what I really wanna say is..."I toooooolllld you it was bad!" So I'm not lying people. It was BAD. The red bumps were even in my ears and in my mouth and on the palms of my hands. sick.

Annnnywayy. I'm sitting at the Insta-care yet again while my hives rage an everyone stares at me like I'm some monster. Why is that? The chick who is hacking out her right lung and browsing through a magazine that she found on the chair next to her which probably has been thumbed through by 150 people who were ALSO hacking up a lung is giving me the evil eye? are you kidding me? I wanted to turn to her and while widening my eyes shout "boo!". and then say "you're the one that's contagious! Step off!" But I didn't. Instead, I just popped my collar on my coat and tried to turtle move my head into my shoulders. Didn't work. 

Well the doctor took one look at me and said "whoa. we need to get meds in you quick!" Yeah. figured that. So then he begins to tell me that he wanted to give me a shot to make the medication start circulating faster. At about this point I started to panic. He then did what every doctor has to do when they mention a shot. Stop mid sentence and ask "are you alright?" to which I reply (while getting choked up might I add) "I just really hate needles." He smiles, chuckles and says it won't be too bad. Gee phanks bud. Soooo the nurse comes in and at this point I'm out right crying. She starts cooing and trying to talk me through it which doesn't work. Lets just say I am 24 years old and was BAWLING laying on my side on that BLASTED crinkley paper while she stuck a needle in my bum. A needle which, might I add was supposed to take all my troubles away. Why is this so ironic?

3 comments:

e.m. said...

you kill me. i know you don't like needles - but i didn't realize it was THAT bad! you did great on monday though, and i think a needle in the mouth is way worse than the bum!

Kat said...

That's the worst! I'm allergic to amoxicillin too. I'm glad you are feeling better!

candice and tom said...

hahahah you are so funny! i am the exact same way! i do the same thing and when i got pregnant and had to get my blood tested every other day for the first couple weeks i about died! and then the epidural i was spazzing but really i think its all the hype and waiting for it when really it isnt all that bad! i am so sorry though that you got so sick that is awful! i hope you are feeling better and lets get together soon!