Wednesday, March 2, 2011

If the glove fits....

So...I do something weird. Something that I never realized was weird until I got married. I wear rubber gloves when I do the dishes. Here I was on our first week of blissful union trying to be suzie-homeaker doing the dishes (by HAND might I add. We only have one little dishwasher and that dishwasher is Muah. Yours Truly. ME.) And my lovely husband walks in and starts laughing his head off picking up one of them in between his thumb and pointer finger as if they are a used tissue or something and asks "what are these?!" He had never seen someone do this. 

Since he loves to tease me on a daily basis I chose to ignore it and go on as if it is normal. I finally accepted that it was a little strange when one of our good friends went to get a glass of water in our kitchen and came out holding it THE SAME WAY asking "do you actually wear these?!" I wailed back "Yessss IIIII ddoooooo" and then felt like Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride...fists clenched and everything.

I learned it from my mom. When I asked her why she wears them she said "Because I think hot water makes your hands look old." I thought it was because the old food grossed her out. That's why I wear them. But young looking hands is always a plus as well! Thank you mom for starting a tradition that I will probably hand down to my own daughters someday. (Cause, lets be honest. Who wants old looking hands?)

3 comments:

lolabarri said...

What?!? Wait? This is weird? Hmm... I guess I am weird with ya :) seriously though you got to invest in some cute glovables for yourself. Somehow they make doing the dishes much more tolerable.

Chris and Emily Evans said...

I already got them...dang.

Caitlin said...

Hm...I might need to start this! Although I FINALLY got a real dishwasher in our apartment!