Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm a cry baby.

Yes, it's true and totally embarrassing. (to those of you who are shaking your heads thinking what a loser, or her life sucks, or glad that's not me, you're all little liars because you know that it IS you. there's a cry baby in all of us...mine just tends to come out and play more often than most.)

In fact I have a recent and funny story. A story that wasn't so funny two days ago, but somehow is totally hilarious now. I was having an awful day. By awful I mean, running late, PMS, homework due, missed my bus, feeling fat awful. and mind you, this was all by nine forty in the morning. Not a great start. well anyway so the class i have in the early dawn is water aerobics. Yes, you heard me correctly. Not regular aerobics, yoga or pilates...WATER aerobics. or you may best know it by grandma exercise. I thought it'd be fun. definitely a result of one of those spur of the moment decisions. oh and the best part? I dragged my freshman sister Jess into it too. I'm a gem. (she's a gem banister.)

Part I: So picture this. Me, wet swimsuit under old ratty exercise clothes, upset and headed off to commuter services to get my parking pass. cute huh? at commuter services i wait in a line about thirty min long. I was there to pick up my pass and a pass for my sister. Well a little background...John and i share a car (we're going green. oh wait. we're just poor) and we take an institute class together. so when the teacher asked if we both needed a pass, we said "no, we only have one car" so the teacher wrote JOHN HANKS on the card and handed it to us. Well this ended up screwing everything. So to make a long story short the snotty 40 year old (or plus) ronch of a woman sitting behind the desk wouldn't give me a pass because the card had JOHN's name on it and not mine. even though he is my husband and even though i signed it and put MY u of u ID number on there. Oh and the best part? SHE GAVE ME A PASS FOR MY SISTER WHO WASN'T EVEN THERE. but she wouldnt' give me a pass for my own car. hooker. and things got a little heated between us arguing so she even took me into her back room. yep. like the principals office or something. What am i in third grade? UGH!

Part II: Picture this. Me still wet swimsuit under now wet clothes. marching over to the institute to get ANOTHER card. totally pissed. Well I got to the institute and of course it was a hassle to even get another card. These sweet institute ladies were even giving me a hard time! What a rotten day. So, it came. It bubbled up and had to be let out. I started bawling right in the middle of the institute. Bawling. the kind of crying that makes you choke and make weird noises. (how I was praying someone I knew wouldn't walk by...) so the ladies felt bad for me and finally gave me a card. but the best part? The sweet little lady came out from behind her desk to give me a hug and bring me a cookie. Holy crap. don't you love being a mormon? anyway, that just made me cry harder and she started rubbing my back while hugging me. I think that I am officially five years old and staying that way. There I was, bawling holding a cookie and getting a hug from a grandma. Needless to say I did end up FINALLY getting my parking pass. And the best part? The hug and cookie actually made me feel better. Thank you Sister Institute.

6 comments:

e.m. said...

HAHAHAHA yeesss....oh i'm so glad you've recorded this in history.

you're so witty - you know that?

kelley and candice said...

YOU LIVE....

candice and tom said...

hahaha that was one of the best stories. i so wish i could have walked by and saw that episode. so funny sarah and i can totally picture it all. thanks for the great laugh

Unknown said...

You are a gem (Banister).

Chris and Emily Evans said...

HA HA HA HA!!! I know I am way late reading this story and making a comment, but that story just made my day.

melissa said...

sarah, it was an absolute delight having your comment-
1.your wedding pictures are gorgeous!

2. congrats on your wedding!

3. your writing is fantastic.