Saturday, September 6, 2008

There you have it.

I am a fan of old books. Actually, I am just a fan of books and reading...period. But on my bookshelf at home I love the look of old books.  Trevor showed Brayden and I an old book of this just the other day that I am completely covetous of.  It's a first edition, and about to fall apart, but simply beautiful because of this.  Sorry, I can't remember what it was called.  But anywho, back to the assignment.  A book series that I've always liked the look of is A Series of Unfortunate Events.  Ever since I was a kid these books have appealed to me.  I can't say that I loved the story but the look and feel of the books is great.  One of my favorite things about them is their pages.  They are a darker yellow/brown color and are thick.  The margins are nice and big and the pages don't all line up together so the edges are rough and bumpy.  They are great.  One of those simple things in life that for some reason are satisfying. If you're looking for something that looks good on the shelf, I'd suggest these. 

1 comment:

jec said...

I think that the title of your blog is perfect for you. I can totally hear you saying "I need more sleep!", and then I can hear Trevor making fun of you for complaining. The only thing I would change is the color blue that is used in the links. It is super hard to read and would be better in a slightly different shade.